- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Hindawi Affair Items
Building his case for gun control, President Obama presented the Presidential Citizens Medal posthumously Friday to the six educators slain in the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting.
A single bell tolled Thursday at the Connecticut funeral of a 6-year-old girl killed by a gunman at her elementary school, while a cardinal in New York compared a slain teacher to Jesus for giving up her life to protect others.
Thank you for calling attention to the startling poverty numbers in Virginia in Monday's article "Virginia's 'deep poverty' rate up 20 percent since 2007" (Web). Few news outlets drew attention to these staggering numbers and the stories of the families and children the numbers represent.