- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Hirshhorn Museum And Sculpture Garden
Ai Weiwei, China's most famous artist and dissident, was scheduled to be in Washington for the Oct. 7 opening of the first North American survey of his work at the Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden. Unfortunately, it's unlikely he will make the trip since, as of this writing, Chinese authorities are still holding his passport following his 2011 arrest and 81-day detention.
William Theophilus Brown, a painter who enjoyed success for more than half-a-century and was closely associated with the San Francisco Bay area's "figurative" movement, has died. He was 92.
Welcome to Washington, one of the most exciting and beautiful cities in the world. America's Federal City is the seat of government as well as a city of monuments and memorials.