- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Hofstra University
Hofstra University is a private, nonsectarian institution of higher learning located in the Village of Hempstead, New York, about east of New York City: less than an hour away by train or car. It originated in 1935 as an extension of New York University (NYU) called "Nassau College - Hofstra Memorial of New York University at Hempstead, Long Island" ; in 1937, the institution gained independence as Hofstra College , and in 1963, Hofstra College gained university status. The school is noted for a series of prominent Presidential conferences, at which the administrations of former U.S. Presidents—most recently, William Jefferson Clinton—are debated by leading political figures and intellectuals, and has also hosted conferences and symposia featuring dignitaries as diverse as Margaret Thatcher and Howard Dean. The university organizes a wide range of other international academic conferences (many under the aegis of the Hofstra Cultural Center), holds an annual Shakespeare festival in its own replica of the Globe Theatre, and has both an arboretum and bird sanctuary. - Source: Wikipedia
A police officer "carelessly discharged" his firearm when he fatally shot a college student being held hostage in her off-campus home, the woman's family alleged in a wrongful death lawsuit Friday against a suburban New York county and its police department.
A police officer who fatally shot a Hofstra University junior and her hostage-taker during a standoff inside an off-campus house had no option but deadly force, a prosecutor said Wednesday following an 11-month investigation.
The presidential campaign, which has been a spectacle of finger-pointing and recrimination, is oh so briefly taking a sharp detour so President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney can play politics for laughs.
Defying trends that have hurt the news industry, the average broadcast television station in the United States has added nearly an hour's worth of newscast time to its day over the past three years, a study released Wednesday found.
Former Hofstra co-captain Luke Bonus lives in a house just a short walk from the stadium where he played college football.
Rex Ryan strolled over to the stands, dozens of fans screaming his name.