- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Holly Sherman
RICHMOND (AP) — The report due out Friday on the Virginia Tech shootings must explain how a student so troubled that he terrified teachers and students slipped layers of institutional safeguards and killed 32 persons, the governor and families of the slain said.
There are other questions the survivors, the bereaved and those who return this month to study and teach at Tech want answered, Mrs. Sherman said.
"I'm hoping to find that there is somebody or some entity that's going to be held accountable for the inaction," said Holly Sherman, the mother of slaying victim Leslie Sherman.