- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Home Run Derby
The Home Run Derby is an event played prior to the Major League Baseball All-Star Game. It is a contest among the top home run hitters in Major League Baseball to determine who can hit the most home runs. The event is currently sponsored by State Farm Insurance. Former sponsors have included Century 21 Real Estate and Service Merchandise. - Source: Wikipedia
With a shortened swing and newfound swagger following his most rigorous offseason of training yet that helped him pack on 15 pounds of muscle, Yoenis Cespedes wants to forget all the frustrations of last year.
Cuban pitcher Misael Siverio told a Spanish-language newspaper he has defected to the United States and is going to try to make it to the major leagues.
Nationals head trainer Lee Kuntz, also honored as an All-Star this year, monitored Harper closely Monday night, mostly trying to ensure that the 20-year-old stayed hydrated enough during the nearly three-hour competition.
Let's not dissect every possible movement the kid can make and try to find a smidge of possible negative. Let's enjoy the Home Run Derby for what it is and have some fun watching Bryce Harper try to blast a few balls out of Citi Field in New York.
I was on 12 All-Star rosters, most as a legit All-Star deserving of the honor of representing the National League as one of that year's best players.
Jake Odorizzi and Wil Myers dressed side-by-side Sunday afternoon in the corner of the Kansas City clubhouse, one they hope to inhabit soon on a more permanent basis.
Zac Brown Band is adding some star power to baseball's Home Run Derby at next month's All-Star game festivities.
Baseball's new labor contract includes more video replay, the chance for a longer All-Star break and a small, but likely welcome perk for players: the chance to get a private room instead of a roommate during spring training.
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by the Nielsen Co. for the week of July 11-17. Day and start time (EDT) are in parentheses:
Prince Fielder spent two days in the desert being booed, payback for not picking hometown hero Justin Upton for the Home Run Derby.
Shelby Miller's joy at being a part of Sunday's All-Star Futures game was tainted by the sorrow of the tragic death of a friend.
Texas Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton is open to the idea of participating in the Home Run Derby at the All-Star game for the first time since his memorable 28 homers in the first round at old Yankee Stadium three years ago.
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by the Nielsen Co. for the week of July 12-18. Day and start time (EDT) are in parentheses:
HE SAID WHAT?