- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Hospital Corporation Of America
Latest Hospital Corporation Of America Items
A plan to add St. Joseph Medical Center in south Kansas City and St. Mary's Medical Center in Blue Springs to the HCA Midwest Health System has been called off.
In an Aug. 7 story about concerns about the overtreatment of patient chest pain, The Associated Press erroneously reported the number of angioplasties performed annually in the U.S. The procedure is done about 700,000 times each year, not about 7 million times.
Rick Scott is the Republican governor of Florida. A successful businessman before entering politics, Mr. Scott and his wife Ann started out owning two Kansas City doughnut shops, which his mother ran. He later founded Columbia Hospital Corporation, which in 10 years grew to become the seventh-largest employer in America with over 285,000 workers at more than 1,000 hospitals, surgery centers and home-health outlets.
President Obama's nominee to run the nation's Medicare and Medicaid agency can count on receiving more than $160,000 a year in retirement pay for the rest of her life from the country's largest private hospital chain, records show.