- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
House Committee On Appropriations
Latest House Committee On Appropriations Items
Recently passed legislation that would decriminalize the possession of small amount of marijuana in the District may come under fire by Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill, Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton warned on Tuesday.
The House Appropriations Committee hoped to send a message on Tuesday, approving a measure that would order the State Department to rename the street directly in front of the Chinese Embassy in Washington after Liu Xiaobo, a dissident who is being detained by the Chinese government.
Republican House leaders worked quickly Friday to draft a new school funding proposal that more closely mirrors negotiations between the Senate and governor, jettisoning language a committee offered a day earlier seeking to expand charter schools in Kansas.
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
A Kansas House proposal to cut the number of court reporters in the state would save up to $1.3 million and open the door to increased electronic recording, the measure's chief architect said.
A bill to create a state loan program for large economic development projects cleared two committees in the Wyoming House on Friday. Supporters say it offers the state a way to entice a large pharmaceutical company to expand a laboratory in Cody.
A Kansas House budget committee on Tuesday restored $16 million for Gov. Sam Brownback's proposal to fund all-day kindergarten, keeping the money in place while a separate committee reviews the merits of the plan.
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
Members of the Legislature's Joint Appropriations Committee voted Friday to reduce possible extra state compensation for counties that stand to lose payments covering lost tax revenue from federal lands.