- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
House Committee On Appropriations
Latest House Committee On Appropriations Items
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley said Thursday he wants to call a special session for lawmakers to raise taxes and reverse $500 million in planned budget cuts but is waiting on House and Senate leaders to meet beforehand and work out a unified plan.
A Maryland House committee voted Monday night to significantly dial back a set of income-tax increases approved last week by the state Senate.
Democratic Rep. Norm Dicks, a former college football player who cast a huge presence over state and national politics for more than 30 years, announced Friday he'll retire at the end of the year after 18 terms in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Rep. Norm Dicks, the senior Democrat on the powerful House Appropriations Committee, said Friday he won't seek re-election this year, citing a desire "to change gears and enjoy life at a different pace."
Federal agents armed with search warrants took documents Wednesday from the home of the son of Rep. Chaka Fattah and the law offices of one of the son's associates who owns a private school that does millions of dollars in business with the Philadelphia School District.
Department of Energy Secretary Steven Chu sought to assure lawmakers Tuesday of improvements in a loan program that became the focal point of criticism after the failure of solar company Solyndra LLC two years after it won a half-billion dollars in federal loan guarantees
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta on Thursday reiterated the Pentagon's limits for Iran's nuclear program and the Islamic republic's aggression in the Persian Gulf during a House Appropriations Committee hearing.
The Department of Homeland Security program that secures the nation's chemical plants against terrorist attacks is a mess, lawmakers learned Wednesday.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's pledge for big solutions this year to Virginia's perpetual transportation problems has stalled in the House and Senate, with both chambers advancing significantly watered-down versions of his agenda despite Republicans' stronghold on the General Assembly.