- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
House Committee On Natural Resources
Latest House Committee On Natural Resources Items
He's the latest senior lawmaker from either party to announce a retirement, as House members elected as far back as the Watergate era have decided they've had enough of Washington.
Republicans in Congress on Tuesday called for an overhaul to the Endangered Species Act to curtail environmentalists' lawsuits and give more power to states, but experts say broad changes to one of the nation's cornerstone environmental laws are unlikely given the pervasive partisan divide in Washington, D.C.
A bill that would designate 32,000 acres of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore as wilderness is moving closer to congressional approval.
Terrebonne Parish officials are preparing state legislation that aims to give communities more authority over where oil waste disposal wells can be built within their communities.
U.S. Rep. Doc Hastings says he wants to reform the Endangered Species Act, a federal law designed to protect imperiled species from extinction.
Terrebonne Parish officials want the state to give communities more authority over where oil waste disposal wells can be built.
When the government shutdown is finally over, what will be remembered in many minds is the pain, punishment, insult and aggravation that President Obama has imposed on law-abiding taxpaying citizens.
Democrats are urging President Obama to bypass Capitol Hill once again and accomplish by executive order what Congress refused to do for 13 years: grant formal federal tribal recognition to Native Hawaiians.
The congressional committee tasked with overseeing the proposed Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial on Wednesday will consider legislation that addresses financial and design issues that have plagued the process and would oversee a potential overhaul of the commission running the project and its plans.