- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
House Finance Committee
Latest House Finance Committee Items
The Alaska House has passed a $9.1 billion state operating budget by a vote of 32-6.
The House Finance Committee has advanced a $9.1 billion state operating budget.
The Hawaii House approved a $12.1 billion state budget Wednesday for the next fiscal year, meeting a legislative deadline to pass a budget bill on to the Senate.
The House Finance Committee has advanced a bill that would repeal Alaska's film tax credit program, though some members expressed mixed feelings or outright opposition.
The House Finance Committee on Tuesday cut advertising funding for an anti-obesity program and rebuffed a Democratic-led effort to boost education funding, concluding that was a decision for another day.
A bill to use federal Medicaid money to pay for private health insurance for an estimated 50,000 poor adults is moving quickly through New Hampshire's House.
As West Virginia delegates prepare to debate a bill about the Jan. 9 chemical spill, environmental groups say lawmakers aren't doing enough to safeguard tanks and water systems.
The House Finance Committee has advanced a bill that would reject pay raises for the governor, lieutenant governor and main department heads.
The House Finance Committee on Tuesday advanced a bill that would allow for village public safety officers to carry a firearm while on duty.