- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
House Of Representatives
Latest House Of Representatives Items
Medical marijuana would be legalized in Georgia for patients with certain medical illnesses under legislation given initial approval by state lawmakers.
Indiana legislators headed into final negotiations for the 2014 session on Monday by advancing measures to cut taxes, allow guns in school parking lots and increase charter school accountability.
When we think of those who wish to do us harm, we usually picture an assailant armed with a gun, a missile or a bomb --- someone who can hurt us physically.
Lobbying behind closed doors, Washington's largest health insurance company persuaded Republicans in the state Senate to gut a widely supported bill that aimed to reveal health care price and quality information to consumers.
South Carolina's highest court is gearing up for a debate over whether the state's health agency can end a program that regulates the building or expansion of medical facilities.
A New Hampshire House committee is going to decide whether to back the District of Columbia's grassroots effort to win voting rights.
The newest member of the Connecticut Senate has been sworn into office.
Rapid City Journal, Rapid City, Feb. 27, 2014
Four years ago, Dennis Moore retired from the House of Representatives, discouraged by relentless partisan bickering.