- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
House Transportation Committee
Latest House Transportation Committee Items
South Dakota lawmakers are waging a battle over two proposals to ban texting while driving, with the issue of local control emerging as a deciding factor.
Proponents of increased Mississippi highway funding aren't just going to be waiting until 2015.
Ridership on Vermont's two Amtrak trains was up 4 percent last year to a total of just over 137,000 riders, an Amtrak official told a committee of the Vermont House on Wednesday.
A bill that would restrict the use of cell phones in Kentucky's school and construction zones has cleared its first panel Tuesday.
A Kansas House committee is considering a bill that would allow residents to renew their driver's licenses for eight years, rather than the current six years.
A North Pole legislator wants money to see whether a railroad extension to far northern Alaska is feasible, but his colleagues dismissed the idea as welfare for university projects.
A bill to increase the number of Kentucky children required to use vehicle booster seats has cleared its first hurdle in the General Assembly.
A Republican lawmaker proposes digging into Idaho's sales tax revenue to fund highway and bridge projects.
A trucking group says Idaho's 25-cent-per-gallon gas tax ought to be hiked 6 cents a gallon.