- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
House Ways And Means Subcommittee
Latest House Ways And Means Subcommittee Items
Denbury Resources is fighting an attempt to tax carbon dioxide drilled from underground deposits in Mississippi, another in a series of efforts to penalize the oil producer for shipping carbon dioxide out of state instead of using it in Mississippi.
Mississippi lawmakers are considering whether to take sides in a beer battle that pits small breweries against big distributors.
The White House and its liberal allies in the news media have launched an all-out campaign to peddle Obamacare to an understandably doubting public.
President Obama's health care takeover is so unpopular with voters that he has stopped talking about it in public. Behind the scenes, however, he's tapping into taxpayers' pockets for a multimillion-dollar advertising campaign to change their minds. Congress wants answers.
In May, Christian Choate's body was found in a shallow grave, buried under cement and lime near an Indiana trailer park. Investigators believe the boy died two years ago at age 13.
The federal government's patchwork welfare system still contains dozens of programs that are too costly, redundant and hard to use, according to testimony at a congressional hearing Tuesday.