- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Houston Astros Items
The Houston Astros optioned left-hander J.A. Happ to Triple-A Oklahoma City before Saturday night's game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
The Atlanta Braves beefed up for another playoff run, acquiring speedy outfielder Michael Bourn from the Houston Astros in a five-player trade Sunday.
While other NL contenders beefed up for the playoffs, the Atlanta Braves seemed to keep missing out on players who could've boosted their hopes.
The scene was an unfamiliar one: Jordan Zimmermann, the Washington Nationals' 25-year-old ace-in-the-making, craning his neck as he watched the ball crack off the Houston Astros' bats.
The Houston Astros traded second baseman Jeff Keppinger to the San Francisco Giants for two Double-A pitchers on Tuesday. Houston also purchased the contract of infielder Jose Altuve from Double-A Corpus Christi, and Astros manager Brad Mills said he will get significant playing time at second base.
Businessman Jim Crane has stayed out of the spotlight since the announcement that his investment group had reached a deal to buy the Houston Astros for $680 million.
Houston Astros reliever Brandon Lyon is planning to have surgery on his pitching shoulder next week and likely is out for the season.
Jim Crane learned persistence playing baseball in his youth.
Houston Astros owner Drayton McLane announced Monday that he has agreed to sell the team he has owned for 19 years to a group led by local businessman Jim Crane, the man who tried to buy the team three years ago.