- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Houston Astros Items
Pitcher Wandy Rodriguez and the Houston Astros avoided arbitration and reached agreement Tuesday on a $34 million, three-year deal.
The Colorado Rockies bolstered their bullpen by acquiring right-handed reliever Matt Lindstrom from the Houston Astros on Thursday.
Houston Astros owner Drayton McLane is putting his franchise up for sale.
Michael Morse homered, doubled and drove in three runs, Roger Bernadina and Danny Espinosa hit two-run homers and Ross Detwiler earned his first win in nearly a year as the Washington Nationals beat the Houston Astros 7-2 Thursday.
The Houston Astros have claimed right-hander Cesar Carrillo off waivers from the San Diego Padres.
Ivan Rodriguez hit a tying homer off the left-field pole to spark a seven-run rally with two outs in the eighth inning Tuesday night, and Washington beat the Houston Astros 8-4, earning a standing ovation from another sparse crowd at Nationals Park.
The Houston Astros are moving their Triple-A farm club to Oklahoma City, finishing what's essentially a swap with the Texas Rangers of homes for their top minor-league teams.
Humberto Quintero and Geoff Blum each homered in a seven-run fifth inning, Bud Norris won for the seventh time in eight decisions and the Houston Astros beat the mistake-prone Washington Nationals 8-2 Monday night.
The New York Yankees have completed their trade to acquire Lance Berkman from the Houston Astros.