- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Latest Houston Chronicle Items
Divers are searching a Houston-area lake for a $250,000 law enforcement drone that crashed into the water last week.
Texas Southern University is contending with a nearly 10 percent loss of enrollment, a $7 million budget shortfall and a drop in its bond rating.
Police are looking for two suspects after a deadly shooting at a Houston-area apartment complex.
A federal judge has recessed jurors until Monday after they reached an impasse on a former Houston Astros pitcher's multimillion-dollar brutality lawsuit against Galveston police officers who beat him in 2008.
A federal judge is urging all sides to work toward settling a former Houston Astros pitcher's multimillion-dollar brutality lawsuit against Galveston police officers who beat him in 2008.
The volunteer chairman of a Texas agency that supervises hundreds of sex offenders deemed too dangerous to live in society has resigned.
Property-destroying feral hogs being trapped near two reservoirs will be butchered and the meat donated to food banks.
A jury has begun deliberating a former Houston Astros pitcher's multimillion-dollar brutality lawsuit against Galveston police officers who beat him in 2008.
It's the final Mass on Palm Sunday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, and although the rows of hard oak pews already are packed, an insistent throng pushes through the door. Each worshipper receives a palm frond, then genuflects to God before moving into the holy interior that smells faintly of candle wax.