- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Planning for the last attack doesn't make Americans safer
Topic - Howard Baldwin
On its soon-to-be frozen surface, the outdoor rink that is under construction at UConn's Rentschler Field might seem like an attempt to duplicate the NHL's popular Winter Classic at a minor-league level.
The former owner of the Hartford Whalers is taking control of business operations of the city's minor league hockey team and renaming the franchise the Connecticut Whale.
Rain in Pittsburgh forced officials to delay the start of this season's Winter Classic between the Penguins and Washington Capitals, and Baldwin says a blizzard could be a real problem.
Baldwin said working with UConn could also pay dividends in the future.