- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Howard Fineman
It is official: Chris Matthews has lost all credibility. The MSNBC host recently compared Tea Party members of the Republican Party to racist whites of apartheid-era South Africa, saying their goal is to forge an independent racialist ministate within America. Even by the standards of MSNBC, this is beyond the pale. Mr. Matthews is either completely disconnected from reality or a dangerous demagogue fomenting political violence.
Howard Kurtz, the longtime dean of print-media critics, has left his throne at The Washington Post to become Washington bureau chief of the Daily Beast.
"This was the referendum that Mitt Romney wanted on Barack Obama," said Huffington Post's Howard Fineman on MSNBC. "And guess what? Barack Obama won the referendum. And that's pretty darned emphatic."
Mr. Fineman added: "The Tea Party people are saying, 'We want to secede from that society.