- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Howard Kurtz Items
It just became a smidge harder for Fox News haters to dismiss the network as Republican drivel.
CNN says Howard Kurtz will address his mistaken story on gay basketball player Jason Collins on “Reliable Sources,” the weekly media criticism show he hosts on the news network.
The Daily Beast announced Thursday that it has fired prominent journalist Howard Kurtz just hours after retracting a post he wrote about gay NBA player Jason Collins.
"The Obama administration spent between $2.52 million and $2.77 million for hotel rooms and rental cars during the president's 2012 trip to Mexico for a G-20 summit," proclaims Britain's Daily Mail. "Government travel documents available online show that the State Department contracted with a travel agency to spend between $1,889,383 and $2,078,327 on hotel rooms alone, for the President, the Secret Service, and the rest of the State Department and White House staff and VIPs."
Howard Kurtz, the longtime dean of print-media critics, has left his throne at The Washington Post to become Washington bureau chief of the Daily Beast.