- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Howard University Items
Singer Chris Brown was arrested in Washington early Sunday after a fight outside an upscale Northwest hotel.
Eight people, including a police officer, were injured Friday during a concert at Howard University as crowds rushed a gate at the homecoming event, according to the D.C. fire department.
The chief watchdog who discovered the extra IRS scrutiny of conservative groups on Thursday rejected Democratic efforts to portray his investigation as partisan, saying Internal Revenue Service officials withheld key information about a lookout list for some liberal groups until last week.
Hundreds of thousands of young men and women graduate from colleges and universities across the land this spring, and a small contingent of them put aside "the college joys" to take up the uniform of their country, many of them as part of the Reserve Officers Training Corps - ROTC, or "Rot-C," as it's called on many campuses.
HORSE RACING: Secretariat film screening and benefit COCKTAILS: D.C. toasts the Black Mixology Club HORTICULTURE: World Bonsai Day CONCERT: Mary Lou Williams Women in Jazz Festival GALA: ZooFari
Sen. Rand Paul urged a predominantly black crowd at Howard University on Wednesday to give the Republican Party a second look, saying the big government agenda that Democrats have pursued over the past four years has stunted economic growth and led to staggering levels of unemployment in the black community.
Sen. Rand Paul is scheduled to speak Wednesday at Howard University in a high-profile visit that will test the tea party favorite's claim that his libertarian message can travel anywhere and help bolster the GOP's image on the national stage.
Sen. Rand Paul is scheduled to visit Howard University on Wednesday to discuss issues important to American citizens and noncitizens alike, including civil liberties, mandatory minimum sentencing laws and education, and because the Kentucky Republican will be making inroads at a historically black school, he's expected to throw in a lesson on the history of the Republican Party and blacks.
Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was recovering Wednesday from an overnight stay at the hospital prompted by low blood sugar.