- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
Latest Hu Jintao Items
After Kim Jong-il's safe return Monday, North Korea confirmed what for days had been clear: The "Dear Leader" was on a not-so-secret trip to northeastern China.
While Washington sleeps, China is winning the great new game in Central Asia, locking up its rich natural resources.
China rushed to keep an oil spill from reaching international waters Tuesday, while an environmental group tried to assess if the country's largest reported spill was worse than has been disclosed.
BEIJING (AP) — China and Russia yesterday jointly condemned a U.S. plan for a global missile defense system at the start of a highly symbolic visit by new Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
From combined dispatches
HONG KONG — Chinese leader Hu Jintao inspected hundreds of troops gripping their rifles yesterday in Hong Kong, and democracy protesters scuffled with police as the former British colony prepared to mark the 10th anniversary of its return to China.