- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Hudson
To contend with one of the snowiest winters on record - with storm after storm pelting the state - New Jersey has caked its freeways, local streets and country roads in thick, powdery layers of salt.
PONDER 66, TATUM 56
Jamie Gesink scored 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and top-ranked Western Chrsitian blew past No. 4 Hudson 79-55 Friday night to win its third straight Class 2A state championship.
The 2014 Associated Press Northeast Inland All-District boys and girls high school basketball teams, as selected by a media panel from the district:
State health officials are warning anyone who works at or has eaten at a Hilton Head Island restaurant that they may have been exposed to hepatitis A.
The Metro-North Railroad is reporting 15-minute delays on the New Haven, Harlem and Hudson lines because of weather-related conditions.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority will reduce rush-hour commuter rail and New York city bus service as a winter storm exits the Northeast, leaving behind ice and snow.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officials say a woman has died of injuries she suffered when her snowmobile struck a tree in Pittsburg.
Authorities say a water main break is causing some street closures in Greenwich Village.
An upstate New York man charged with helping to build a mobile X-ray device meant to kill people at a mosque and an Islamic center has pleaded guilty to providing material support to terrorists.
Airline flights were canceled and schools closed or opened late in Connecticut after a storm dumped up to a foot of snow in parts of the state.
The Metro-North Railroad is reporting delays of up to 15 minutes on the New Haven, Hudson and Harlem lines due to the storm that dumped up to a foot or more of snow in parts of Connecticut and New York.
Police are investigating a shooting that left three people wounded outside a liquor store in western Wisconsin.
Ten Republican activists munched on burgers and sipped beer and soda at a St. Paul bar as Julianne Ortman spent more than an hour on a freezing night trying to convince them she's their best hope in the upcoming Senate race.
Authorities say they've charged a 28-year-old woman in last week's hit-and-run death of a man who was struck by her car as he walked to his job at a Hudson Valley manufacturing company.
In so doing, he manages to convey to the reader a marvelous sense of the texture of life as a whole back then.
They went on in a paper prepared for a recent Hudson event to declare "the [SPP negotiating] process must be made more transparent to answer legitimate citizen concerns about potential outcomes. ... The design of the SPP is flawed by the exclusion of Congress from the process."