- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Hugh Newton
Political game Out to raise some cash for the Democratic Party, Baltimore Orioles owner Peter Angelos is inviting select baseball fans — those with big wallets — to join him and Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean in the owner's box at Camden Yards on Wednesday night, when the slumping Birds take on the New York Yankees.
Hugh Newton, a longtime Washington promoter of conservative causes who helped open up the nation's liberal op-ed pages to ideas and thought from the right, died Monday night after a long illness. He was 76.