- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Hugh Rodham
The Homeland Security inspector general is investigating President Obama's nominee to be the No. 2 official at the department over his role in helping the brother of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton get an immigrant visa for a Chinese investor.
California Attorney General Jerry Brown filed suit Wednesday against former and current city officials in the Los Angeles suburb of Bell who collected bloated salaries - a move that places recently appointed city attorney James M. Casso in a position to both defend and prosecute those same officials.