- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Hugo Chávez Items
When Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in April 1982 and ignited the Falklands War with Great Britain, many commentators saw the conflict as something of a quaint historical anomaly, a "throwback" campaign reminiscent of 19th century "petty scrapes" imperial Britain engaged in when the sun never set on its globe-circling empire.
SANTA CRUZ, Bolivia — Venezuela's new government-run Social Television (TVes) channel, created by President Hugo Chavez to replace the independent RCTV that he closed last week, has pulled a Miami-produced program off the air under threat of being sued for piracy.