- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Humane Society
Inmates at Parkersburg Correctional Center performed more than 12,000 hours of community service in 2013.
More than two dozen animals were rescued from a homeless veteran's car after she checked herself into a Pennsylvania VA hospital.
Inmates in a southeast South Dakota penitentiary are caring for a group of orphaned puppies.
The Humane Society of Missouri's Animal Cruelty Task Force is removing 11 horses from a property in southern Missouri, calling the animals "emaciated" and dangerously close to death.
A Cowlitz County Humane Society official says a Longview, Wash., teen who wanted to try being an outdoorsman has confessed to killing and skinning a family's pet goat.
Authorities are investigating the poisoning deaths of five pets in a Kauai subdivision but say it's unclear whether they were intentional.
Criminal charges are pending against a central Pennsylvania woman after police said they found more than 50 wild and domesticated animals living in filthy conditions at her home.
A Grand Island animal shelter is caring for nearly 50 malnourished chickens after a police officer discovered them in the back of an SUV during a traffic stop.
More than two dozen dogs and other animals have been seized from a property in North Texas after being found with afflictions including intestinal parasites, untreated wounds, malnourishment and dehydration.
Actress, author and animal-rights activist Pamela Anderson could be making an appearance in Richmond next week — if the sponsor of a state bill intended to curb puppy trafficking has his way.
As Kauai considers new restrictions against dogs that bark too much, some residents worry the rules could fuel arguments between neighbors.
A permit to hunt an endangered African black rhino sold for $350,000 at a Dallas auction held to raise money for conservation efforts but criticized by wildlife advocates.
A permit to hunt an endangered African black rhino sold Saturday night for $350,000 at a Dallas auction held to raise money for conservation efforts but criticized by wildlife advocates.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Former Gov. Bill Richardson said Friday that he hopes an agreement he is negotiating with the Navajo Nation becomes a model for saving horses from slaughter.
Michael Vick finishes practice and is eager to get home to celebrate his daughter London's sixth birthday. First, he takes time to put smiles on many other children's faces.