- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Humane Society
A 46-year-old woman faces burglary and damage charges for allegedly breaking into an Onalaska animal shelter to steal back her cats.
The Bartholomew County Humane Society wants to move 100 healthy cats into new homes in one day.
The Humane Society of Missouri is offering a $2,500 reward in the search for the person who stuffed a puppy into a backpack and tossed it in a trash bin.
The Humane Society of Missouri says it will be several weeks before more than 150 animals removed from a south-central Missouri property can recover.
Authorities in eastern Wisconsin rescued 10 people - including three children - from four small fishing boats that became stranded in the rising waters of the Menominee River.
The city of Wausau has reached a deal with its local Humane Society that will enable police to resume picking up stray cats.
The Knox County Humane Society is in need of money, and members are hoping a nice spring-themed event will inspire people to open their wallets.
The Humane Society of Missouri's Animal Cruelty Task Force is removing 11 horses from a property in southern Missouri, calling the animals "emaciated" and dangerously close to death.
More than two dozen dogs and other animals have been seized from a property in North Texas after being found with afflictions including intestinal parasites, untreated wounds, malnourishment and dehydration.
A Humane Society lobbyist is coming under scrutiny for her close relationship with a member of California Gov. Jerry Brown's inner circle: his dog Sutter.
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick announced Tuesday he was backing a bill to stop dogfighting, an activity for which he spent nearly two years in a federal penitentiary.
The NFL star whose name became synonymous with dogfighting is scheduled to be a guest on the "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
A declawed, defanged bear is chained to a stake as hunting dogs bark and snap, trying to force the bear to stand on its hind legs. The training exercise called bear baying is intended to make the bears easier to shoot in the wild and it's only allowed in South Carolina.