- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Humane Society
A 46-year-old woman faces burglary and damage charges for allegedly breaking into an Onalaska animal shelter to steal back her cats.
The Bartholomew County Humane Society wants to move 100 healthy cats into new homes in one day.
The Humane Society of Missouri is offering a $2,500 reward in the search for the person who stuffed a puppy into a backpack and tossed it in a trash bin.
The Humane Society of Missouri says it will be several weeks before more than 150 animals removed from a south-central Missouri property can recover.
Authorities in eastern Wisconsin rescued 10 people - including three children - from four small fishing boats that became stranded in the rising waters of the Menominee River.
The city of Wausau has reached a deal with its local Humane Society that will enable police to resume picking up stray cats.
The Knox County Humane Society is in need of money, and members are hoping a nice spring-themed event will inspire people to open their wallets.
The Humane Society of Missouri's Animal Cruelty Task Force is removing 11 horses from a property in southern Missouri, calling the animals "emaciated" and dangerously close to death.
More than two dozen dogs and other animals have been seized from a property in North Texas after being found with afflictions including intestinal parasites, untreated wounds, malnourishment and dehydration.
A Humane Society lobbyist is coming under scrutiny for her close relationship with a member of California Gov. Jerry Brown's inner circle: his dog Sutter.
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick announced Tuesday he was backing a bill to stop dogfighting, an activity for which he spent nearly two years in a federal penitentiary.
The NFL star whose name became synonymous with dogfighting is scheduled to be a guest on the "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
A declawed, defanged bear is chained to a stake as hunting dogs bark and snap, trying to force the bear to stand on its hind legs. The training exercise called bear baying is intended to make the bears easier to shoot in the wild and it's only allowed in South Carolina.