- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Hungary Items
Georgia State University officials say ambassadors from four eastern European nations are scheduled to discuss their common economic interests during a luncheon hosted by the school's World Affairs Council.
A Swedish doctor says four women who received transplanted wombs have had embryos transferred into them in an attempt to get pregnant.
One bullet: That's all it took to make (or perhaps unmake) the 20th century.
Hungarian Jewish leaders say they have found 103 Torah scrolls taken from Hungary during the Holocaust in a Russian library.
Hungary's Katinka Hosszu raced to her meet-high fourth victory in the three-day Arena Grand Prix event, winning the 200-meter individual medley in a meet-record 2 minutes, 11.27 seconds.
Two-time Olympian Chloe Sutton broke the meet record in the 400-meter freestyle Friday night in the Arena Grand Prix event at YMCA Aquatic Center.
He can be beaten. Norway's Magnus Carlsen claimed the world title in October without dropping a game in his 10-game match with India's Viswanathan Anand. In his first return to competitive play since then, he breezed through the first half of the Zurich Chess Classic that ended last week with three wins and two draws at classical time controls, against one of the strongest fields ever assembled.
Hungarian filmmaker Miklos Jancso, winner of the best director award at the 1972 Cannes film festival, has died. He was 92.
Holocaust survivor and historian Randolph L. Braham said Sunday he is returning a high state award to Hungary to protest what he says are government efforts to rewrite history and exonerate the country from its role in the Holocaust.