- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Husain Haqqani Items
After 66 years of bilateral ties, U.S.-Pakistani relations are still based on delusions — and Husain Haqqani is on a campaign to correct the diplomatic self-deceptions.
The head of the government of Gibraltar is urging the U.S. to take sides with the British territory in its latest dispute with Spain, which demands sovereignty over the promontory that it claims is an illegal colony.
Pakistani Ambassador Sherry Rehman resigned Tuesday, citing her party's loss in parliamentary elections as she plans to return to her South Asian nation where she faces a police investigation on charges of blasphemy.
The embattled former ambassador from Pakistan cited threats from "ideologically driven maniacs" as he defied his country's highest court this week by refusing to return home for a hearing into a complex case involving accusations of treason and a shadowy figure who claims the ex-envoy was part of a political conspiracy.
Serving as Pakistan's ambassador to the United States is risky business, as the country's former envoy noted after hearing about the legal threat against the current ambassador.
Talk of a diplomatic divorce has U.S. and Pakistani officials trying to patch things up, and maybe get a little counseling.
U.S.-Pakistan relations are so bad that the two countries should get a diplomatic divorce, but they could still date each other once in a while.
The head of Pakistan's intelligence agency is due in Washington this week, as U.S.-Pakistani relations remain tense and just days after Pakistan's ambassador here demanded an end to U.S. drone attacks against terrorist targets in her country.
The U.S. ambassador to Nigeria compared the terrorist violence in the northern part of the West African nation to the crime wave that gripped New York in the 1980s, as he urged the Nigerian government to abandon "heavy-handed" military tactics and adopt a softer approach in dealing with the Islamic militant threat.