- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Hyatt
Hyatt Corporation, is an international operator of hotels. - Source: Wikipedia
President Obama nominated longtime fundraiser and hotel heiress Penny Pritzker Thursday to run the Commerce Department, gambling that her role in a failed bank and opposition from labor groups won't derail her Senate confirmation.
Once a socialist-style program is established in a democracy, it's virtually impossible to get rid of, a ranking member of the British government said during the delayed opening session of the Republican National Convention on Tuesday.
When architect Wang Shu accepts his field's richest prize in a ceremony Friday at the seat of China's legislature, a symbolic second winner will be waiting in the background _ Hyatt Hotels.
Opening arguments next in Huguely trial; D.C. lawmaker tries to save iGaming; McDonnell-Romney appearances in D.C. area Thursday; Va. Senate repeals handgun law; Va. assembly poised to pass voter ID law; Racist accusations roil D.C. fire department; Yvette Alexander survives probe, remains on ballot; Slots to Prince George's face big hurdle in Md. House.