- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Ian Kinsler Items
Game 6 is under way, and the Cardinals are in immediate trouble.
Adrian Beltre and Nelson Cruz hit consecutive home runs off Lance Lynn to start the seventh inning, giving Texas the lead. Ian Kinsler added an RBI single to make it 7-4.
Allen Craig homers off Derek Holland with one out in the eighth inning and St. Louis trims its deficit to 7-5. The Rangers are four outs from their first World Series championship.
Mike Adams retires Rafael Furcal with the bases loaded to end the eighth. Leading 7-5, the Texas Rangers are three outs from their first World Series championship.
Mike Napoli took a mighty swing, tossed his bat aside and trotted around the bases. Fireworks exploded in the air, and Texas Rangers fans cheered wildly.
First, Alexi Ogando watched Albert Pujols circle the bases. Then, Michael Gonzalez. And finally, Darren Oliver.
So close to a World Series shutout, Derek Holland did everything he could, trying to convince Texas manager Ron Washington to let him finish.
What a performance by Derek Holland!
A wild throw home. A close play at the plate. The missed call at first base.