- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Ice Hockey
Ice hockey (hockey in countries where it is the most popular form of hockey) is a team sport played on ice, in which skaters use sticks to direct a puck into the opposing team's goal. It is a fast-paced physical sport. Ice hockey is most popular in areas that are sufficiently cold for natural reliable seasonal ice cover, such as Canada, the Czech Republic, Latvia, the Nordic countries (especially Sweden and Finland), United States, Russia, Slovakia, and Switzerland. With the advent of indoor artificial ice rinks it has become a year-round pastime in these areas. Ice hockey is one of the four major North American professional sports. Worldwide the National Hockey League (NHL) is the highest level for men and both the Canadian Women's Hockey League (CWHL) and the Western Women's Hockey League (WWHL) are the highest levels for women. It is the official national winter sport of Canada, where the game enjoys immense popularity. - Source: Wikipedia
Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin was taken to a hospital with a right leg injury Sunday after colliding with an opponent during Russia's game against Germany at the ice hockey world championships.
Move over Alex Ovechkin, Russian boss Vladimir Putin is the new hockey hotshot: He scored six goals and dished five assists in a recent game featuring ex-NHL stars.
Denmark's ruling sports federation has suspended and fined three ice hockey players in the country's top league after they admitted to match-fixing in January.
When it was all over, when the mighty Russian men's hockey team with the big stars and the massive expectations failed to earn a medal for the third straight Winter Olympics, thousands of their demanding fans streamed out of the shiny new arena and squinted as their eyes caught the setting sun.
Possible agenda items for the NCAA's board of directors, which meets this week in San Diego. The Leadership and Legislative Councils are expected to vote on these issues before Saturday's board meeting. The legislation would:
An Arab-Jewish hockey team has become an unlikely icebreaker in this remote corner of northern Israel, overcoming barriers of language, culture and conflict.
A top ice hockey official says the Russian team decimated by a plane crash will be rebuilt in time to take part in this year's Kontinental Hockey League season.