- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Latest Iceland Items
Aron Johannsson angered a few folks back home in Iceland when he chose to make his World Cup bid with the United States and not his parents' homeland where they still live today.
The Austrian football federation says David Alaba has been ruled out for four weeks with a stomach muscle injury and will miss the national team's upcoming friendlies against Iceland and the Czech Republic.
When Agnes is convicted of murder and condemned to death, she is sent to rural Iceland to await her fate. Based on a true story, "Burial Rites" explores the story of Agnes and how a family and one priest discover what really happened in her past.
Sweden eked out a 1-0 victory over the United States to end the American women's 43-game unbeaten run and deny them any chance of reaching the Algarve Cup final, which Germany reached on Friday after clinching its group.
Iceland has a new drink that is being marketed for "true vikings" — whale beer.
The irrepressible Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick as Portugal qualified for the 2014 World Cup finals at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden on Tuesday, while France advanced by conjuring a remarkable turnaround against Ukraine.
Seeking to avoid a polar free-for-all in one of the planet's last untapped economic frontiers, representatives from more than three dozen nations will gather in Reykjavik, Iceland, starting Saturday to try to set some rules for tapping the natural resources and navigating new shipping lanes opening in the Arctic.
Former Iceland international Aron Johannsson is among 23 players called up for the U.S. soccer team's training camp in Sarajevo ahead of its exhibition against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says he's trying to forge an asylum agreement for NSA intelligence leaker Edward Snowden to hide in Iceland.