- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Idf
The annual rate of Israeli settler attacks against Palestinians has almost quadrupled in eight years, U.N. figures show, buttressing claims that Israeli security forces have largely failed to stem the so-called "price tag" campaign in which thugs cut down trees, deface mosques and beat Palestinian farmers.
Israel's air force responded to Palestinian rocket fire from the Gaza Strip with an attack of its own Monday, launching missiles into sites known to be used by militants.
The United Nations is urging restraint after a Lebanese sniper shot and killed an Israeli soldier near the border, sparking a retaliatory incident by IDF troops and leading to a scheduled emergency meeting on Monday to try to diffuse the tensions.
On a trip to Israel several years ago, I met and bonded with the Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist and award-winning author Edwin Black. He has been a guest on my TV and radio shows on several occasions. When he asked me to be a part of his new publication, "Financing the Flames," I was more than pleased and the invitation prompted me to write this piece to share his work with the world.
Israeli military heads say they intercepted a rocket that was heading toward the resort town of Eilat near the border with Egypt on Tuesday.
A Hamas spokesman said abducting Israeli soldiers and using them to barter for the release of militant fighters is the heart and soul of the group's operations, and they would not stop, no matter the political pressure.
Israeli's military on Tuesday shot a Tamuz missile into Syria, destroying a post in retaliation for what it said was three consecutive nights of firing from Syria.
Israeli's military warned on Tuesday that more strikes on Syria could be coming if the nation doesn't stand down its missile attacks.