- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Ii-Vi Inc.
As we sprint toward the end of December and with roughly six trading days left in the year, the temptation is to say "that's a wrap" and coast in the coming days with the Christmas season in high gear and New Year's Eve right around the corner. While I can understand the temptation to do just that, recent warnings and misses from the likes of Oracle Corp., II-VI Inc., Texas Instruments Inc., Emerson Electric Co. and others have me revisiting investment theses and double-checking data points on the one hand while looking at fresh ideas and companies.