- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
- Mideast hostilities ratchet as rockets from Lebanon strike Israel
- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
Latest Ilya Kovalchuk Items
The NHL reduced its penalty against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for signing Ilya Kovalchuk in 2010.
Alex Ovechkin, Pavel Datsyuk and their teammates had nursed dreams about this week for several years. They were all dashed in 60 frustrating minutes.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 22 saves in the second straight shutout victory for the fifth-seeded Russians, who earned a meeting with Finland in the quarterfinals Wednesday.
When Alexander Radulov pumped both fists and let loose a jubilant scream, an entire hockey nation also exhaled for a day.
Ilya Kovalchuk was not on the ice for Russia's final practice before the qualification round, and his coach insisted the superstar forward is not injured.
Alexander Radulov and Ilya Kovalchuk scored in a shootout, Semyon Varlamov stopped 27 shots, and Russia beat Slovakia 1-0.
Alexander Radulov and Ilya Kovalchuk scored in a shootout, Semyon Varlamov stopped 27 shots, and Russia beat Slovakia 1-0 in the Olympic men's hockey tournament Sunday, a day after losing a shootout to the U.S.
The USA-Russia game had everything a fan could want, including a riveting eight-round shootout.
When Ilya Kovalchuk took his talents - a rare blend of skill, speed and strength - home to Russia last summer, he walked away from $77 million and the 15-year NHL contract he signed in 2010.