- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
Latest Ilya Ponomaryov Items
The activists who led some of the biggest protests in Russia's post-Soviet history now realize that the euphoria surrounding the so-called "winter of discontent" was the only thing that held them together.
Riot police on Monday were breaking up an opposition protest contesting Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's victory in Russia's presidential election and arresting dozens of participants, including prominent opposition leaders.
Russian riot police arrested hundreds of protesters Monday, including prominent opposition leaders, who claimed Prime Minister Vladimir Putin stole Sunday's presidential election.