- Hawaii gives residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
Latest Independence Day Items
Actor Randy Quaid has sued a suburban Indianapolis bond company that bailed Quaid and his wife out of jail after they were arrested on squatting charges in California in 2010.
Today's the day Americans groove on a diet of hot dogs and belly wash, marvel at the fireworks lighting the night sky and reflect, if only a little, on all America has achieved.
President Obama marked Independence Day on Thursday by calling on Americans to follow the example of the patriots who determined the nation's destiny in 1776.
Let's all make our celebrations of Independence Day a reflection of the gratitude we feel to be citizens of the United States. Let's not just enjoy the day with family and friends, but spend at least part of it remembering the sacrifices of those who secured our freedom in 1776 and those whose courage has protected it ever since.
The calendar and the economy are conspiring to make this year's Fourth of July holiday a bit of a dud for business, according to a new survey released late last week.
Americans learned that the Boston bombers initially wanted to launch their terror attack on Independence Day, and the Obama administration found itself on the defensive once again over accusations of a Benghazi cover-up. On the international stage, Russia’s strategic nuclear forces are undergoing a major modernization — while the U.S. scales back. Here's a recap, or wrap, on the week that was from The Washington Times.
Utility crews made significant progress Tuesday restoring power to homes without electricity since Friday night's storm, but officials in several jurisdictions announced they were canceling Independence Day celebrations as the recovery continues.
Independence Day should be the most American of our holidays, but for some people, that makes it a day to be denounced instead of celebrated.
In a sea of soulless, sheeplike dependency, it's easy to spot the fiercely independent people who continue to declare our independence. We are the producers, the people who make the country work. We are business owners and hardworking employees.