- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
Latest Independence Day Items
The city of Southaven expects to get more bang for its bucks with a new vendor for its annual July Fourth fireworks show.
Quad-City Times. Feb. 23, 2014.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals will have three consecutive nights of fireworks in July to celebrate Independence Day.
A 63-year-old man is scheduled to face Polk County charges connected to an explosion that severely injured a 14-year-old relative on July Fourth last year.
The Northern California town of Willits is one of 17 rural areas that face a severe water shortage. The California Department of Public Health says the town has less than 100 days of drinking water left.
The Eugene City Council plans to crack down on M-80s, bottle rockets and other illegal fireworks. Its approach, however, has yet to be determined.
Former Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Tom Sherak has died after a 12-year battle with prostate cancer. He was 68.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — R&B favorites Lionel Richie, Mary J. Blige and Jill Scott are among the powerhouse performers scheduled to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this year's Essence Festival.
Police were performing a random sweep of a Georgia high school when they charged a 17-year-old student with a weapons felony for fishing knives in a tackle box in his car.