- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest India Items
A landslide hit a remote village in western India following torrential rains Wednesday, sweeping away scores of houses and possibly trapping more than 150 people, officials said.
Pope Francis appointed Bishop Antony Pappusamy of Dindigal, located in India's Tamil Nadu state, as Archbishop of Madurai on July 26.
Lost behind the tragic headlines of recent weeks was an event of potentially historic importance to the reign of "King Dollar." For some time, the coalition of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (known as BRICS) has been talking about staking a competitor to the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Last week, they announced a $100 billion capitalization of a Contingent Reserve Arrangement for BRICS' New Development Bank.
A child in India is more likely to be malnourished than a child in a country such as Zimbabwe or Somalia, where poverty and lack of food are much more rampant. Studies show that poor sanitation may be the cause.
After a statue of a crucifix in Mumbai was vandalized in the early hours of Monday morning, the city's archbishop has appealed for peace and prayers.
Under the back and forth of Israeli airstrikes and Hamas rockets, concerned Catholic migrants from India are praying for peace in the Holy Land.
Fr. Theodore Mascarenhas, who was appointed Wednesday to be an auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Ranchi in India's eastern state of Jharkhand, has voiced his enthusiasm for the task.
With gratitude to St. John Paul II for his legacy and inspiration in serving young people, the Diocese of Miao has dedicated its new episcopal residence to the late Pope.
Coal may have played an integral role in turning the U.S. into the world's top economic superpower, but President Obama is actively pushing China, India and other emerging economies to ignore the fuel that powered the Industrial Revolution and instead embrace renewable sources favored by those on the political left.