- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Indian Olympic Association
The Indian Olympic Association is the body responsible for selecting athletes to represent India at the Olympic Games, Asian Games and other international athletic meets and for managing the Indian teams at the events. It also acts as the Indian Commonwealth Games Association, responsible for selecting athletes to represent India at the Commonwealth Games. This was suspended on December 4th due to non adherence of International Olympic Committee rules and corruption. - Source: Wikipedia
The prodigal son received a warm welcome back into the Olympic family on Sunday. And not just because of the spring-like temperatures in Sochi.
India's flag has finally been hoisted at the Sochi Olympics, five days after the IOC lifted a 14-month ban and more than a week after the games began.
The taint of corruption followed India's Olympic athletes everywhere in Sochi. They were not allowed to enter the Olympic stadium marching under the Indian flag. They were warned the national anthem would not play if they won any medals.
World squash chief Narayna Ramachandran was named the new president of the suspended Indian Olympic Association on Sunday.
India's top competitor at the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi says not being able to compete under the national flag because of a political dispute will not harm his performance.
World squash chief Narayna Ramachandran is set to become the new president of the Indian Olympic Association as he is the only candidate to have filed nomination for the post.
The three Indians who qualified for the games will compete as "independent" athletes, rather than represent their country, after their national body failed to schedule elections before the start of the Olympics on Feb. 7.
LONDON (AP) — India athletes will compete under the Olympic flag — not their national flag — at next month's Winter Games in Sochi.
The Indian Amateur Boxing Federation has received a double blow with the government withdrawing its support within hours of the federation being suspended by world governing body AIBA for not following proper electoral procedures.