- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Indonesia Items
The senior Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is worried that President Obama is risking U.S. relations with Southeast Asia by failing to nominate an ambassador to an area where China already is spreading its commercial influence.
An Indonesian volcano dormant for four centuries erupted for the second straight day Monday, shooting clouds of hot ash more than a mile into the air and forcing 30,000 people to flee.
A volcano in western Indonesia spewed hot lava and sand high into the sky early Sunday in its first eruption in 400 years.
Efforts by Research In Motion Ltd., the maker of the BlackBerry, to broaden the debate over data encryption were dismissed by Indian industry groups as unnecessary Friday and appeared unlikely to break a logjam over government demands for access to users' e-mails by an Aug. 31 deadline.
Scientists using cutting-edge technology to explore waters off Indonesia were wowed by colorful and diverse images of marine life on the ocean floor _ including plate-sized sea spiders and flower-like sponges that appear to be carnivorous.
"If we were in that objective frame of mind, we would easily see that a freedom culture requires separation of the spiritual from the secular."
Clearly, Aida Greenbury tried to defend Asia Pulp and Paper's "commitment to sustainability" by attacking the credibility of environmental groups, particularly Greenpeace, simply because she could not defend her company's destructive practices ("Greens tear into paper producers," Opinion, Aug. 17).
President Obama has revealed his true nature. After 20 months in the Oval Office, he still remained a largely unknown figure. A picture is coming into focus now, and it should trouble all Americans. It is widely known that Mr. Obama is a post-national progressive. Yet he is also a cultural Muslim who is promoting an anti-American, pro-Islamic agenda.
Muslims around the world see the ground zero mosque debate raging in the U.S. as a litmus test of American tolerance, and generally appreciate President Obama's involvement.