- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Ingrid E. Newkirk
PETA has enlisted several little girls who are "hopping mad about animal abuse in the egg industry" to scold Michelle Obama for using fatty, hard-boiled eggs in this year's White House Easter Egg Roll.
"Furthermore, encouraging the consumption of cruelly sourced, unhealthy eggs is inconsistent with the goals of the 'Let's Move!' initiative," she said. "One single large egg contains more cholesterol than two Big Mac sandwiches do."
"For chickens on egg factory farms, Easter is not a time of renewal or joy," Miss Newkirk writes.