- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
Institute Of Medicine
Latest Institute Of Medicine Items
A U.S. program that has generated hopes around the world that the AIDS pandemic can be defeated should start "relinquishing" more control to its partner countries, according to an independent evaluation prepared for Congress.
Fighting the problem of fake drugs will require creating a national drug-tracking system, the Institute of Medicine said Wednesday.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I need to renew my dependent ID and would like to know if there is somewhere near Harrison, Ark., we can go.
California has transformed into a powerhouse player in stem cell research, but the taxpayer-funded institute responsible for that needs an overhaul, a report released Thursday found.
California has transformed into a major player in stem cell research, but the taxpayer-funded institute responsible has "significant deficiencies" in how research dollars are distributed, experts said Thursday.
Hopes of repealing Obamacare took a beating last week with the election results. For the foreseeable future, implementation of the Affordable Care Act will continue, including the Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) "contraception mandate" -- a frightening glimpse of what we have to look forward to.
Abusing alcohol and drugs has been part of military culture historically: Troops do it for fun, to ease the stresses of war or to be part of the brotherhood.
The Institute of Medicine recommended Friday that soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan undergo annual screening for post-traumatic stress disorder and that federal agencies conduct more research to determine how well the various treatments for PTSD are working.
Getting older doesn't just mean a risk for physical ailments like heart disease and bum knees: A new report finds as many as 1 in 5 seniors has a mental health or substance abuse problem.