- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Internal Revenue Service
Latest Internal Revenue Service Items
President Barack Obama is beginning a new effort to help students take the first step toward getting college educations.
House Republicans said Friday that the IRS has agreed to turn over documents and emails from Lois G. Lerner, the agency's former employee who was at the center of the tea party targeting scandal.
The number of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees targeted by identity thieves in a bogus federal tax return scheme is now more than 300.
Sen. Ted Cruz called for the abolition of the IRS and the repeal of Obamacare in a rousing speech to kick off the 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference Thursday.
A former Waterbury police detective has been sentenced to five months in prison for obstructing a tax investigation.
Republicans circled around Rep. Darrell Issa on Thursday, rejecting a Democratic effort to censure the House's top investigator after he cut off the microphone of the top Democrat on the oversight committee Wednesday during a heated hearing.
Bill Clinton accepted a $225,000 speaking fee from the nonprofit Washington Hospital Center smack in the middle of two big rounds of layoffs in 2012 — one of a number of tax-exempt organizations that have paid big money to hear the former president talk.
The Internal Revenue Service and the FBI are investigating the operation of the Jasper County School District.
Rep. Elijah Cummings said Thursday night that California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa called him and apologized for refusing to let Cummings speak during an IRS hearing. The Maryland Democrat said he accepted the apology.