- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Internal Revenue Service
Latest Internal Revenue Service Items
Under siege from a series of scandals, the White House urged Americans on Wednesday not to lose faith in their government and promised that the IRS would treat taxpayers fairly in the future.
President Obama couldn't escape reminders of the IRS scandal Wednesday even at a ceremony to honor law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
House Speaker John A. Boehner said Wednesday that it'll take more than firings to clear up the IRS scandal — it'll take someone ending up serving jail time.
President Obama has pleaded ignorance and said he knew nothing about the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative groups during the 2012 election season until news reports surfaced last Friday.
Lois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service head who's under fire for agents who unfairly targeted conservative nonprofits for additional scrutiny, will nonetheless be recognized as an exceptional public servant with an award at Western New England University School of Law.
Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham and the president of the family's evangelical association, said in a letter to President Obama that the Internal Revenue Service targeted them, too.
The Internal Revenue Service unlawfully targeted American citizens who disagreed with the party in power - during an election season - then covered it up and lied about it.
Barack Obama can relax and get to work on his hook shot and his putting. The presidential legacy he has fretted over is now clear, well established, safe and secure. The presidential historians can fire up their laptops and let the processing of words begin.
The IRS singled out tea party and other conservative groups for "burdensome" scrutiny because of their politically charged names and delayed approving some applications for so long that the groups simply gave up, according to an official government audit, released Tuesday, that has the agency reeling.