- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Internal Revenue Service
Latest Internal Revenue Service Items
IRS tax audits would be halted in their tracks, this weekend's National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade in Washington canceled, and national parks and the Smithsonian shuttered if Congress can't reach agreement on annual spending and the government shuts down at midnight Friday.
I ought to know. I was Mr. Obama's college classmate at Columbia University Class of '83. Our college was dominated by socialists and Marxists who hated capitalism and America. Let's look at the facts up close and personal - Jeff Foxworthy style. Mr. Foxworthy leaves no doubt as to "who might be a redneck." Let me leave no doubt that "Obama might be a socialist."
Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe is encouraged by the Fiesta Bowl's response to an investigative report that led to the firing of its longtime president for alleged misuse of funds.
Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe says he is encouraged by the Fiesta Bowl's response to an investigative report that led to the firing of its longtime president for alleged misuse of funds.
A House panel voted Thursday to limit tax breaks for insurance policies that cover abortions as House Republicans try to chip away at President Barack Obama's health overhaul.
A House panel voted Thursday to limit tax breaks for insurance policies that cover abortions as House Republicans try to chip away at President Obama's health overhaul.
The price of oil rose to a 30-month high on Thursday as fighters loyal to Col. Moammar Gadhafi pushed back rebels from key areas in eastern Libya.
House Republicans are trying to use the tax code to curb abortions by limiting tax breaks for insurance policies that cover the procedure.
AARP lobbied for the new health care law, and now it stands to profit, Republican lawmakers charged Wednesday as they called for the Internal Revenue Service to investigate whether the powerful interest group deserves to keep its federal tax exemption.