- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
International Red Cross And Red Crescent Movement
Latest International Red Cross And Red Crescent Movement Items
The Red Cross prepared a shelter Saturday for people evacuated from their homes in the northwest Wyoming resort town of Jackson because of a slow-moving landslide.
As a Red Cross employee during World War II, Elizabeth Black longed to be more than a "Donut Dolly," serving coffee and doughnuts to weary American soldiers in Europe. The Pittsburgh native possessed artistic skills, an engaging manner and a pretty face, with blue eyes and dark hair.
The Red Cross says 29 people have been displaced by an apartment building fire in Northeast Philadelphia.
Faced with heartbreaking images of the typhoon-ravaged Philippines — the sea of corpses, communities reduced to rubble, mothers clutching their hungry children — the world is watching an epic tragedy unfold and looking for ways to help. The big question is how.
Hostages being held by al-Qaeda-linked terrorists in a Nairobi mall have not been released despite an earlier statement from the military that "most" had been rescued, a person connected to the situation told The Associated Press on Monday.
North Korea on Sunday accepted a South Korean offer for talks on reuniting families separated by war, but proposed separate talks on resuming lucrative tours to a scenic North Korean mountain in an apparent effort to link the two discussions.
Militants in Afghanistan on Wednesday attacked a facility used by the International Committee of the Red Cross, first sending a suicide bomber to blast open the gates and then storming in troops, guns blazing.
Although Hurricane Sandy blew President Obama's re-election campaign far off its charted course, Mr. Obama had the advantage over Republican rival Mitt Romney Tuesday by taking on the presidential role of coordinating emergency relief efforts across the Eastern seaboard.
Moments after the first cable news reports of tornadoes ripping through Texas on Tuesday, a map of the state began blinking red on a screen in the Red Cross' new social media monitoring center in Washington.