- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
Latest Ioc Items
The Kazakh city of Almaty, Beijing and Oslo made the list of finalists. Whether Oslo stays in until next year's vote remains uncertain.
The latest deal was announced Wednesday after secret negotiations between the IOC and NBC. There was no auction or open bidding this time, with only NBC making an offer.
The Olympics are staying on NBC in the United States through 2032 in a record $7.75 billion deal that cut out rival networks and seals the long-term financial security of the IOC.
The Olympic flame was snuffed out. No chance of that for the Canadian hockey team, champions again.
The door to the van opens, and Anita DeFrantz takes a seat and stares at the soaring mountains before her.
With no positive tests recorded more than halfway through the Sochi Olympics, the IOC believes the stringent anti-doping net put in place for the games has scared cheaters away.
The taint of corruption followed India's Olympic athletes everywhere in Sochi. They were not allowed to enter the Olympic stadium marching under the Indian flag. They were warned the national anthem would not play if they won any medals.
Shiva Keshavan and two other athletes are going from indy to India at the Sochi Games.
Although Queen Elizabeth II was a surprise star of the London Olympic opening ceremony, one prominent British royal said such shows have become excessive.