- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Iowa General Assembly
The Iowa General Assembly (IGA) is the legislative branch of the state government of Iowa. Like the federal United States Congress, the General Assembly is a bicameral body, composed of the upper house Iowa Senate and the lower Iowa House of Representatives respectively. There are no term limits for either chamber. - Source: Wikipedia
The Des Moines Register. May 10, 2014.
The Iowa Legislature has sent to the governor a measure lessening the penalties for people who unknowingly expose someone to HIV with no intention of infecting them.
The Iowa Legislature worked into the evening Wednesday approving additional pieces of the state's $6.97 billion budget but leaving behind significant pieces of Gov. Terry Branstad's priorities.
The Des Moines Register. April 28, 2014.
The Iowa Legislature is poised to finish its work Tuesday as lawmakers approve final budget bills and complete negotiations on several measures backed by Gov. Terry Branstad.
The Iowa Legislature has sent a bill to Gov. Terry Branstad that adds coaches to a state law prohibiting sexual relationships between students and teachers, administrators, and other licensed professionals.
The conviction of a former Bloomfield basketball coach who had sex with a 16-year-old girl on his team was thrown out Friday by the Iowa Supreme Court in a ruling that says coaches without teaching licenses are not school employees under the law and can't be convicted of sexual exploitation by a school employee.
Iowa City Press-Citizen. March 13, 2014
Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier. Jan. 14, 2014.
Gov. Terry Branstad on Tuesday announced a modest list of election-year budget priorities designed to move swiftly through the Iowa Legislature, a marked contrast to the ambitious plans he laid out last session to slash property taxes and invest in education.
Setting modest goals, such as pursing legislation on Internet access and bullying, the Iowa Legislature on Monday opened the 2014 session of the 85th General Assembly.
Iowa Legislature opens 100-day session focused on bullying, Internet access and state budget.