- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
Iowa National Guard
Latest Iowa National Guard Items
State senators gave preliminary approval Monday to legislation that would establish more rules for dealing with sexual abuse in the Iowa National Guard.
The Iowa National Guard is entering a time of historic transition as overseas demands decline and many service members are set to retire, the head of the guard told lawmakers Wednesday.
The Iowa National Guard says a World War II-era tank is being installed at its military museum in Johnston.
The Iowa National Guard is closing an armory in the southern Iowa city of Centerville.
Retired Col. George "Bud" Day, a Medal of Honor recipient who spent 5½ years as a POW in Vietnam and was Arizona Sen. John McCain's cellmate, has died at age 88, his widow said Sunday.
Massive sandbags dropped on a faltering Missouri River levee have fortified the floodwall temporarily and given Army engineers more time to construct a secondary barrier to protect a threatened Iowa community, authorities said Monday.