- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
Latest Iran Items
A senior Iranian military leader said that his country’s “power and resistance” has forced the United States and President Barack Obama to kowtow to Tehran, according to reports in Iran’s state-run media.
Hasan Rouhani, Iran's new president, made his debut on the world stage at the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, calling for "a framework for managing our differences." He didn't offer the olive branch President Obama wanted. If Tehran is genuinely interested in improving relations with the United States and the West, Mr. Rouhani and the ruling mullahs could prove it with a small gesture. He could free a Christian pastor who on Thursday marks his first anniversary as a political prisoner in Tehran's notoriously evil Evin Prison.
The U.N. Security Council's five permanent members reached an agreement Thursday to push through a resolution calling for the swift elimination of Syria's chemical weapons stockpile, a key development in fast-paced day of diplomacy that also featured the highest-level U.S.-Iranian meeting in years.
The foreign minister in Iran wants to take a more phased-in approach to discussing the nation's nuclear development program and reaching compromise with the international community.
U.S. must not forget Iran's unrelenting war on terror
Israel wasn’t impressed with the so-called charm offensive launched by Iran’s newest president at the U.N. General Assembly conference this week, preparing for the historic New York meeting with a solid social media mocking that took pot shots at Hassan Rouhani.
Sweet talk sometimes works with coeds, never with tyrants
A CNN interview with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani quickly made international headlines after the new president reportedly recognized the Holocaust, however, the semi-official Iranian FARS News Agency said Wednesday the report is "fabricated."
Secretary of State John F. Kerry on Wednesday formally signed a far-reaching international treaty in New York designed to regulate the international purchase and sale of conventional firearms — despite intense resistance from the American gun lobby and warnings from at least one Republican that the pact will never get ratified in Washington.